MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
- This agreement commences once you have indicated your acceptance in
the Declaration section of the web sign up process.
- This agreement will become binding on you and us when we contact
you to confirm your membership application has been accepted, at which
point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges set for the
Type of Membership chosen.
- You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else
DEBIT FEES AND CHARGES
- The Joining Fee (if one is payable) and first month's membership
fees are collected from you by us either by Debit / Credit card at time of
purchase and charged pro rata for the remainder of that month. Joining
fees are applied to cover the initial administration costs associated with
setting up a new membership and direct debit agreement.
- If you are looking to upgrade your membership there maybe an admin
fee charged at the point at which you upgrade.
- Your second Direct Debit for monthly membership fees only will be
collected on the first of the following month. Subsequent Direct Debits
for monthly membership fees will be collected monthly thereafter. Each
payment made is not refundable under any circumstances.
- If any Direct Debit is returned unpaid or if any other form of
payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an
administration fee of £20. If, despite us having notified you of a missed
payment, further payments are missed, we reserve the right to, at our sole
election, either suspend or terminate your membership, upon having given
you written notice of our intention to do so. We may present an option to
reduce the administration fee if the outstanding amount is paid within 7
days of becoming due.
- You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the Members
- Your membership can be on freeze for a maximum of 3 months after
which your membership will automatically be un-frozen and will revert to
your monthly rate. Freeze only applies to monthly memberships and will
start from your payment date. Please be aware this must be actioned at
least 3 working days prior to your payment date.
- From time to time we may need to increase the price of membership.
We will give you at least 1 full months' notice of any incoming price
increase and will make it very clear when the price increase will take
effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During
this period, you will have your usual right to terminate your membership
in accordance with the membership terms and conditions and rules. If you
do not terminate the membership by the date given to you in the notice,
then the price of your membership will be increased in accordance with our
DIRECT DEBIT MEMBERSHIPS
1.Cancelling your membership
during the cooling-off period
If you have purchased your membership online, you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of joining and receive a refund. The 14-day cancellation period commences the day of your membership start date which is stated on your agreement. This is called the ‘cooling-off period’. If you choose to cancel within the cooling-off period, we will give you a full refund of the activation fee and any other fees you have paid.
If you want to cancel your membership within
the cooling-off period, you must send your notice in writing or call reception.
2. Cancelling your
membership after the cooling-off period
You must contact Imperial Sports Ground by email or in writing. If we receive your notice on the first day of the month, your membership will end on the last day of the same month. If we receive your notice after the first day of the month, your membership will end on the last day of the following month. This means we will take one more direct debit payment before cancelling your membership. For example, if we receive your notice on 10 May, cancellation will take effect from 30 June. If you are within your commitment period, we will cancel your membership from the 1st day of the month after the commitment period has finished, as long as it is at least one full calendar month in advance. If you are not sure what your commitment period is, please contact us.
IN FULL MEMBERSHIP
- If you have purchased a Fixed Term membership you will be entitled
to 50% of the pro rata’d amount as refund for any unused membership.
- You cannot freeze your membership on fixed term membership.
- As per the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and
Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 you are entitled to cancel your
membership and receive a full refund of any fees paid within 14 days of
completing your membership application form. However, as per regulation 36
of Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges)
Regulations 2013, if you select to commence your membership immediately,
or you ask us to start your membership early, you agree that if you
subsequently cancel your membership within the 14 day period, you will be
refunded any monies paid, less an amount for the membership you have
already used commencing from the first day after joining.
- Your PIN number / Access Device (defined below) can only be used by
you: Your PIN number / Access Device is issued solely for your use, as
your membership is personal to you and only covers your use of a gym. You
are responsible for keeping your PIN number / Access Device secure and
confidential at all times. The PIN number / Access Device remains our
property at all times (unless agreed otherwise and evidenced in writing).
- Use of PIN numbers is monitored: In the interests of the safety and
security of all our members, use of PIN numbers and access is monitored
and individuals using PIN numbers / Access Devices may be asked to provide
proof of identification.
- What we will do if we think your PIN number / Access Device has
been misused: Should we believe that your PIN number / Access Device has
been used by another individual or individuals we may (in our discretion)
decide to conduct an investigation. If we do so we will: (a) inform you,
via email, that we believe your PIN number / Access Device has been used
by another individual or individuals and ask you to provide us with
reasonable assistance to investigate the matter; and (b) following our
investigation we will contact you, via email, to inform you of our
findings and our proposed course of action, which may include one or more
of the steps set out in paragraph 4 below.
- Our Right to make additional charges and/or cancel your membership:
If you unreasonably refuse to cooperate with our investigation, or
following our investigation we have reasonable grounds to believe that
your PIN number was used, with or without your knowledge and/or consent,
by another individual or individuals, depending on the particular
circumstances of each case, we reserve the right to take one or both of
the following steps, which are in addition to any other legal rights that
we may have : (a) to apply a penalty charge to your membership fees (and
increase your direct debit payment(s) accordingly). The penalty
charge will be calculated as being equal to the daily membership charge
(that applied at the time of use) for each occasion on which your PIN
number was used by that individual/those individuals; and/or (b) in the
event of serious misuse of your PIN number, for example, your PIN number
has been used on repeated occasions and/or by more than one individual, to
notify you, via email, that we are cancelling your membership with
immediate effect, and no refunds will be given.
- Your responsibility for another’s conduct: If we have reasonable
grounds for believing that you knowingly provided your PIN number / Access
Device to another individual or individuals, or allowed unauthorised entry
following your entry to the gym (Known as tailgating) in addition to our
rights referred to in paragraph 4 above, we may hold you responsible for
the conduct of the individual(s) while on our gym premises, and liable for
any loss we suffer as a consequence of that conduct.
Access Device: the device, face recognition, or any other relevant security hardware device with built-in authentication equipment, issued or otherwise provided to you by us to enable you to securely access the relevant gym in accordance with the terms of your membership. Only one device can be registered to an account at any time, if you lose or misplace the device you need to contact member services to remove the device immediately.
Member Behaviour Policy;
1. We may terminate
this Agreement and cancel your Membership with immediate effect on notice to
you if you breach any of the Gym Membership Rules. In this event you will no
longer be able to access any of our facilities and we will not give any refund.
2. If we do not
terminate your Membership if you breach any of the Gym Membership Rules, or if
we give you extra time to pay if you do not pay your Joining Fee,
Administration Fee, Membership Amount or Monthly Membership Amount when it
falls due, that will not prevent us from subsequently enforcing the terms of
3. We consider
the safety of our members and our staff to be paramount. We reserve the right
to refuse any application for Membership or terminate an existing Membership
where we consider that that Membership may pose a risk to the health and/or
safety of other members or staff. If this happens, we will notify you of this
and refund all unused Joining Fees, Administration Fees, Membership Amount or
Monthly Membership Amount.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Full Adult Memberships are for 18 or older.
- You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are
displayed prominently in the Club and relate to opening hours, use of
facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules
at any time provided that we give you advance notice of the change.
- If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or
give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the
terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights
thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this
agreement will not be prejudiced.
- There may be occasions where we have to close all, or part of, the
gym of which you are a member. We will do our best to let you know of such
closures in advance of them taking place, unless the problem is urgent or
an emergency. We will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure
that such closures are outside of peak visiting hours and are kept to a
minimum, in both duration and frequency. You will not be entitled to a
refund of part of, or all of, your membership fees in such circumstances.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or
delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is
caused by any event that is outside of our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable or responsible for outstanding monies paid to
a Personal Trainer. Personal Training is arranged directly with the PT and
not with South Bristol Sports Centre.
- As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to any services
that are not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the
materials we use are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal
rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading
Standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect these legal rights.
- This agreement is governed by English Law.
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notifying you
if you are in breach of the Clubs Rules.
- To the best of your knowledge and belief you are in good health and
not knowingly incapable of engaging in either active or passive exercise
and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety,
comfort, wellbeing or physical condition. Further, that you will advise us
immediately should your circumstances change.
- We are a Charity registered in England and Wales. Our registered
office is at Imperial Sports Ground West Town lane Bristol BS14 9EA
- If you have any questions or if you have any complaints, please
contact us. You can contact us by e-mailing us at email@example.com
- If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any clause in these
terms requires you to give us notice in writing you can send this to us by
e-mail to South Bristol Sports Centre
firstname.lastname@example.org m We will confirm receipt of this by
contacting you by email.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- View our Privacy Notice
- South Bristol Sports Centre reserves the right to end any promotion
without warning at any time.
- Any prizes offered by South Bristol Sports Centre must be claimed
within 21 Days of announcement of the winners. South Bristol Sports Centre
have 45 days to issue any prize
- Pure Gym reserve the right to redeem any prize in the form of a
voucher or pre purchased credit.
BRISTOL SPORTS CENTRE – ADULT & YOUTH JOINT (Together)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Joint membership fees will be charged on the same date as the usual
Direct Debit fee on your main membership
- ‘Together’ is a monthly subscription that can be cancelled at any
- Together is JOINT MEMBERSHIP
WITH ADULT AND CHILD AGED 16-18.
- Day passes are subject to a fair use policy. 1 pass per person,
multiple passes may be cancelled without warning.
- Free passes have no resale value, and cannot be exchanged for cash
or any other product or service.
- Free passes should be booked to start before the advertised expiry
date. Any passes set for redemption after this date may be cancelled
- This daily membership commences once you have indicated your
acceptance in the Declaration section of this web sign up process.
- You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable
for the Type of Membership chosen.
- You cannot transfer this daily membership to anyone else nor
transfer to another date.
- Day passes are non-refundable.
- Discount is available to STUDENTS, PENSIONERS and BLUE LIGHT
staff. Discount is based on the
cost of standard monthly (Core) memberships. All concession memberships
are subject to South Bristol Sports Centre’s membership rules and terms
and conditions. Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other
offer and does not apply to any classes or other services that they may
offer for sale from time to time. South Bristol sports Centre reserve the
right to terminate this discount without notice.
- Rolling monthly memberships can be cancelled at any time.
- Fixed term Concession memberships can be terminated early by
contacting South Bristol Sports Centre reception, and you will be refunded
50% of the remaining membership period.